Effective as of May 25, 2018
This website is owned and operated by Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., A Member of the Roche Group ("Ventana") located at 1910 E. Innovation Park, Tucson, AZ 85755. Ventana may update this notice at any time by publishing changes on this page. You should visit this page from time to time to review these updates.
What are cookies?
Cookies save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some registration areas, help to deliver content-specific information to you, and track which sections of the site are most popular. A âcookieâ is actually a file that our web server or the web server of one of our third-party partners may send to your computer when you access one of our sites. This file is then stored on your computer.
- After you have entered personal information into a form or data field on our site, cookies enable the site to ârememberâ that information, should you so choose.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to deliver content that is tailored to your interests and preferences based on your past activity on the site.
- Cookies and other passive information collection technologies enable us to compile aggregate statistics concerning use of the site, analyze trends, and otherwise administer and improve the site.
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies do we use?
Our site may use the following types of cookies and tracking technologies, among others:
- "Session" cookies: Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our web sites, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (e.g., the site may remember previous entries of age that are outside the permitted parameters and block subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- "Persistent" cookies: Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., Login ID), helping to determine what areas of the web site visitors find most valuable, and customizing the web site based on your preferences on an ongoing basis.
- "Web beacons" (also known as internet tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs): A web beacon is a piece of software code on a web page or in an e-mail message that is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web beacons tell the web site server information such as the IP address and browser type related to the visitor's computer. Web beacons may be placed in online advertisements that bring people to our site and on different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with information on how many times a page is opened and which information is consulted.
- Our site uses two Google Analytics Advertising Display Features, which are collect information through cookies: Remarketing with Google Analytics and Demographics and Interests reporting. If you would like to opt-out of having your data used by these cookies, please use the Google Analytics opt-out available here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. Other information on opt-outs for targeted advertisement delivery is available below.
Why do we allow third-party partners to place cookies on your computer?
Like most advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. One way we do so is by allowing network advertising companies with whom we work to place their own cookies when an individual visits our site. This enables the network advertising company to recognize individuals who have previously visited our site. When the individual visits a third-party web site on which that network advertising company has purchased ad space, the advertising company can then recognize the individualâs interest in Ventana products and services and deliver one of our advertisements.
How does our site respond to web browser "Do Not Track" signals?
Certain web browsers and other programs may be used to signal your preferences to Ventana about how or whether Ventana or third parties may collect information about your online activities. Currently, Ventana does not respond to such signals.
What choices do you have regarding the delivery of targeted advertisements on third-party sites?
The Digital Advertising Alliance (www.AboutAds.info/choices) and European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (www.youronlinechoices.com) maintain websites where consumers can opt out from receiving interest-based advertising from some or all of the network advertising companies participating in the program.